A facial toner is basically a wash that is designed to cleanse the skin & shrink the appearance of pores. I remember when I first bought a toner just because the bottle attracted me and I literally had no clue what really a toner is until I did a little research & came to know about its life-saving benefits! It appeared so watery to me at first and I couldn’t think of any way what this coloured watery thing could do to benefit my skin.
You need to read what’s written next! ✨
🎉 BENEFITS OF FACIAL TONER
Facial toners play an important role in assuring you have a healthy and clean facial appearance. It helps to
- Balance the pH level of your skin. Having a balanced pH level means your skin is less prone to oiliness and infection, creating a more vibrant and smoother appearance.
- Remove environmental toxins (such as smoke, smog etc.) making your skin look brighter and healthier, and long-term benefits may include less acne, acne marks & wrinkles.
- Tighten & shrinken pores allowing fewer oils and toxins to settle into the skin, thus preventing oily skin, blackheads & acne.
- Reducing the amount of facial blemishes and acne that you may already have and work to prevent future breakouts.
- Hydrate the skin that is essential to maintain the elasticity, smoothness & moisture of your skin, giving it a more youthful appearance
- Prevent ingrown hair that means no blackheads or dirty appearance!
- Refreshes & moisturises the skin making it a better base for cosmetic application.
🎉 HOW TO USE A TONER?
Apply the toner to your freshly cleansed skin using a cotton ball or pad, avoiding the eye area. You can also spray it on your face before applying any makeup.
🎉 MY FAVOURITE TONER
I have tried LANCÔME TONIQUE RADIANCE Clarifying Exfoliating Toner & I can’t live without it now! It’s clearly the best toner I’ve used so far & I love it. Here’s a picture of what it looks like:
👒 DIY: MAKE YOUR OWN FACIAL TONER
It’s super easy to make your own facial toner which is equally effective at home by using just 2 things:
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Half a cup of Water
Mix the two ingredients together & apply it as I’ve already mentioned above. You can even use rose water for your face as a toner. 🌺
🎉 BLOGGER’S ADVICE:
It is recommended to use a water-based & non-comdogenic moisturizer after using a toner if you have an oily & acne-prone skin to save it from any sort of dryness. Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Moisture is one of my favourites.
I’m sure many of you didn’t know about how important a toner is for your skin. I hope this post was helpful. Leave comments for queries/suggestions & also share your experience with me. Cheers! 👄